Saturday I was busy with Saturday 'stuff', but still wanted to get a few strokes in. And that was all I did....a very few strokes on the boat. I used a greyish, brownish white to make some of the under strokes of weathering on the side of the boat. I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of that as it added to the finished detail but, looked so out of place. Very stark against the blackish brown underpainting of the image of the boat.
I like painting with oils and have become accustomed to knowing the feel of the paint and how it will or won't dry by my next session. White or variations on white (as I seldom use stark white) tend to dry slower and are difficult to cover if you change your mind. But, I knew that when I got back to it on Sunday that those few strokes would still be tacky and would allow me the effect that I was hoping for.
Then I laid in some of the straight green where I wanted the scrubby grass close to the shore, a rocky area poking out from the side of the slope down to the 'landing' area, and the beginnings of the scrub grass.
I am thinking one or two more sessions and we will have another of the in-process paintings complete. I'm considering a few rocks at the shoreline and perhaps a couple in the water....definitely more reeds on the front corner and along the back shoreline to finish it out.
As always, I'd love to hear what you think of this....